Monday, October 17, 2016

Mommy Birthday!


Since I landed that Sunday during Labor Day weekend, my jet lag was starting to catch up to me.  Even though I broke night and caught my flight at 11am, I still had to fly to Dublin before I landed in Chicago.  I got home around 7:30pm.  I was exhausted.  I wanted to take a shower so I could freshen up in time for me, but I found myself on my bed, butt naked, waking up to a phone call.  Apparently I must have gotten undressed and was going through my luggage to grab my toiletries and I somehow landed in bed.  I do not remember how I got there.  My friend wanted to check up on me, but I could hardly talk to her because I was lethargic.  We got off the phone right away, but I called my mom to let her know I landed and then crashed hard. 
I tried getting up at a decent hour and stayed awake on Labor Day Monday.  I wanted to adjust to Chicago time so I could be ready the next day to resume my work schedule.  I would definitely advise anyone who travels overseas to make sure you set aside some time to rest up before going back to your regular routine.  If you do not travel often, it can mess up your body clock.  Not to mention, I broke night 3 times during my vacation so I never had enough sleep to begin with. 
The week went by quickly.  That Thursday the girls wanted to get together for our friend's birthday.  We decided Hot Woks sushi on Pulaski would be the best place to go to because it was nearby for everyone.  Plus they offered us the room upstairs to ourselves so everyone could bring their kids.  My friend's babies range from 6 months to one year and a half, and because some of them have different needs than others, it's hard finding a place where we can have some space.  The fact that a restaurant could accommodate us for our party was very sweet of them.   
Birthday sushi is definitely a favorite for us.  I love the fact that we have similar tastes and that helps a lot.  My other friend had went to Serbia earlier than me and another friend is going to England and Ireland in a few days.  We all exchanged stories on our adventures.  It's interesting to hear the contrasts between each country we've visited along with our experiences.  I missed my friends!  We had a good time catching up with one another... 



YUMMY!!!

Birthday cupcakes from Sprinkles!

My friend brought rakija from Serbia as souvenirs...
A Belgrade wine topper!







Posing for pictures with kids can result in taking multiple shots...



The winner!  With filter of course!  hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment