Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Back In Time For A Race!

One of the things that have worked out for me in planning my annual vacation is that I get to participate in Race Judicata, a 5k run with other law firms.  It normally lands in September, and depending on the dates, I've managed to get involved in some of the races, (two years ago I was still in Italy and did not run).  This year I was lucky enough to slowly get in my exercise routine for a week before hitting the pavement.  What is helpful about most 5k runs is that you can walk also.  Just stay behind and let the runners move up front!  lol.  I truly enjoy my short runs, because this year, my allergies are terrible.  It's good to know I won't be putting myself in too much danger of an asthma attack.  I still had my inhaler in my fanny pack, just in case.  Luckily the temperature that day was almost 70 degrees.  If it was any more warmer it would have been too hot.  Unfortunately, my time wasn't so great, but I'm still glad I did this.  I did not train at all this year and I could have done much better if I had incorporated running in my regular workout routines.  Of course the best part is socializing afterwards!  Who doesn't like to be rewarded with wine?? 



The Grand Prize!  lol


Most 5k runs have entertainment as well as food and beverages.  I think it's a great place to socialize and meet new people...

No comments:

Post a Comment