Wednesday, June 8, 2016

House Party at the Bean!

I'm still recapping Memorial Weekend!  lol.  Hope everyone's enjoying their summer so far.  This month there's a lot of stuff going on, from baby showers to baptisms.  I love every minute of it because it shows me how much me and my friends still manage to keep in touch.  Sharing these milestones with one another creates a lifetime of memories!  I love looking back and seeing how much we've grown. 
That Memorial Weekend Saturday, I got a chance to see my friend from Italy before she flew back home.  We had a quick brunch before we said our goodbyes.  I am currently trying to plan something with her, but we'll see if it pans out.  It's hard when you get older and have more priorities to consider.  Oh well.
I got home and did my usual Saturday workout routine.  For those who don't know, I try to workout at least 4x a week.  I've been following a healthy lifestyle for some time now.  It's basically become a natural thing for me to do at this point in my life.  It was something I started with back in my 20s when I got a gym membership for me and my first boyfriend (that I lived with).  I was never involved in any sports growing up, besides the usual Physical Ed we had in grammar and high school.  Once I graduated I gained the freshman 15 and was very unhappy with my new physique.  I was discouraged and my boyfriend at the time would buy me workout tapes so I could do at home.  Eventually, we figured I needed more motivation and we got a membership together.  I've been hooked ever since.  Saturdays for me are usually Leg Day.  If I have too much going on, I'll skip the gym and workout the following Sunday after church.  It's a no brainer at this point.
Once I was done working out, I rushed home and quickly got ready to meet up with my friend.  We wanted to checkout the House Party going on at Millenium Park.  This was a free event being held at the Bean.  I didn't know what to expect.  Because of that, we were not very prepared.  We didn't bring anything to set up a picnic with, but luckily we saw some friends and stayed with them at their spot.  They had a range of live performances with a couple of Djs to get everyone grooving.  Me and my friend had a blast.  We even made our way to Mariano's to grab some more wine and snacks to share with everyone.  I met up with my brother and his girlfriend and they came and joined us.  After the show, I went with them and we checked out Bar Louie before we called it a night.  I was too pooped to go out.  All of that dancing finally caught up with me!
Good times with this girl...

 So many people checking out the live house music!


Hopefully got some vitamin D.  I feel I'm always at work whenever the sun's out.
My brother and his girl...

Spicy margarita at Bar Louie!  

No comments:

Post a Comment