Wednesday, September 12, 2018

North Halsted Market Days 2018

I needed to do so much before my trip, but of course that did not happen.  Not only did I go out the night before, but my friends woke me up early to go for brunch.  I haven’t seen my friends in a while since they are busy due to their schedules and motherhood.  I miss them very much so I agreed to tag along.  The joke has always been that I never eat and just normally pick at my food.  I ordered a light breakfast from a restaurant that we settled in on Roscoe Village.  We happened to show up during Retro on Roscoe fest, so that was fun.  Afterwards we spent some time at Buy Buy Baby since one of our friends is expecting her 2nd child.  I had a great afternoon with The Ladies.
They dropped me off so I could get ready for my hair appointment.  I wanted to get a trim before my trip.  Since my salon is at Boystown, I was going to meet my co-worker there for North Halsted Market Days.  I ran out the door luckily made it on time!  We decided to leave my hair curly since it was very hot that day.  I usually get a blow-out but it would have been pointless.  I met my friend at the fest since he already made his way to the stage where Crystal Waters was going to perform.  I was cutting it close!  I found him right away and we saw her performance.  It was amazing!
We made our way to the other stage and stopped along the way to grab some drinks.  Up next was Ultra Nate and she was electrifying!  I love 90s dance music! 
The big headliner this year was Martha Wash.  It was packed at the stage but luckily we got as close we could.  Everyone was so excited to see her!  She blew the crowd away!
I decided not to do anything afterwards because I was just too tired.  I had some friends out that wanted me to meet up with them but I declined.  I spent the day Sunday doing laundry and getting ready for my trip.  I was super anxious too and didn’t want to miss out any details on packing.  Sometimes you need some time alone to focus.













No comments:

Post a Comment