Thursday, January 5, 2017

Holidays are OVER! *sniffle sniffle


Can you believe it's 2017??  Sometimes it freaks me out that we're so advanced in the "future".  Or that I've reached that age in life where I can say I have lived through many decades.  hahaha.  Now that the holidays are over, I am finally not caught up in the moment of insanity.  At first everything was fine and dandy, and I enjoyed my time with friends and family.  But then things started popping up and I got very stressed out towards the end of December.  I did something out of the ordinary (for me anyways).  I will let you know once I post about it on a later time.
After my eventful Thanksgiving week of slavas and birthday parties, the first weekend in December my friend decided to throw herself a birthday brunch.  It came out of no where since she was spending her real birthday in Texas the following weekend.  She did invite us months earlier to fly out with her, but realistically it was going to be difficult for many of us.  I declined as soon as I was invited, mostly because I had just returned from Europe and wanted to tackle those credit card charges.  Unfortunately, my budget is WAY OFF due to certain surprises, but enough of that.
The birthday brunch was starting around 2pm, but of course, people were showing up at different times.  Traffic was horrible that day, too.  Luckily, the birthday girl didn't seem to mind, since it gave her the opportunity to catch up with everyone.  Once we had a good group going, we started ordering away!  She chose Estrella Negra since it was in the northside and not far from her apartment in Logan.  Eventually the party headed back there after brunch and we continued with the festivities.  More friends stopped by her apartment and the party didn't end til 1:30am!!!  This was definitely one of those moments where things were left unplanned, and I did not expect that at all.  I even missed church the next morning.
Looking back, I remember seeing how happy my friend was seeing everyone there and enjoying herself as the day went on.  I did not think I was going to stay that long, but I should have left sooner.  It's something I need to work on the upcoming year as part of my resolutions.  What are your resolutions for the upcoming year???



Cool artwork at Estrella Negra
Pomegranate guacamole! 
A little visitor for the birthday girl...
My friends stopped by the brunch but didn't stop for the after party.
Birthday girl was happy!! 
Shrimp tacos for me!
Birthday cake
Drinks at the crib!

No comments:

Post a Comment