Thursday, January 19, 2017

Holidays are OVER part 4!

It's been almost a month since the holidays are over yet it feels much longer.  One thing that freaks me out as I get older is how fast time flies.  Moments become instant memories in an instant.  You don't have time to process anything.  It's already slipped your fingers.  I've had people come in and out of my life who've affected me deeply yet we only came in contact for a brief time.  I'm saddened by some recent events, and wonder if I can ever truly get use to people being out of my life.  Their imprint has branded a place in my heart deeply...
On Christmas Eve Saturday, I was out at the stores.  A friend of mine had texted me at 1am that Friday night when I had just gotten home from the birthday party.  She wanted to see me at one point so we could exchange gifts.  I panicked.  I was hoping she wouldn't do such a thing, since I normally don't exchange gifts with friends, but we have spent a lot of time together this past year.  I have not known her as long as my close friends, but she's an amazing person and was flattered she got me something.  Since it was late after all, I let her know that my family celebrates Christmas Eve and we would have to touch base sometime this weekend, but I knew I was in a jam.  Since everything would be closed on Sunday for Christmas Day, I had to get her something beforehand.
I was completely tensed up when I got up that day.  My shoulders hurt so much.  I felt too stiff and did not have much sleep because of it.  I got a lucky break when my friend texted me if I wanted to workout.  He was going to head to a department store first to finish up some shopping himself and asked if I wanted to tag along.  I jumped at the opportunity.
We headed down Elston and there was traffic brewing already.  The store was in mayhem, but we managed to find stuff in the hour we were there.  I was pretty satisfied with my gifts, but it didn't stop my shoulders from hurting.  I was on the verge of tears from all of the stress leading up to tonight.  At the gym I used low weights because of how much my body ached.  I figured my body needed to move so I could loosen up.  My friend was great at hearing me out.  I am lucky he was around.  I just needed someone to vent at. 
Once we got back from the gym, I slowly got ready.  My little brother was working that evening and was going to pick me up once he got off from work.  I finished wrapping up my gifts and was ready to get this day over with.  I wasn't enjoy any of this so far.
We arrived to my aunt's place at the same time my other brother and my mom got there.  I could tell my mom seemed sad, but with so much commotion going on in the house, I couldn't check up on her like I wanted to.  I was glad my step brother was already there waiting for us.  He seemed fine to be there, but he ended up leaving after dinner.  He said he wasn't feeling that well when he got there but I couldn't tell if he was telling the truth.  For my mom and him, I knew my step dad was on their mind this day. 
Dinner was the best part of the night.  Me and my brothers always joke around.  We tried to keep the mood light hearted.  Once the conversation headed towards politics and religion, things tensed up again.  I concluded that most families probably can't help but bring up such issues during the holidays.
Finally the moment we've been waiting for all night had arrived and we all hugged and wished each other Merry Christmas.  With the news surrounding the deaths of much loved celebrities, I was grateful that my family was safe and healthy.
How did you spend the holidays?  Was it stressful like mine?  lol.  My moment of clarity was seeing my brothers receive the gifts that I gave them.  I bought them the Chicago Cubs Championship winter hats which were sold out everywhere.  I lucked out finding them but seeing the smiles on my brothers faces was all worth it!
Made it to my aunt's!




My brothers and step brother...

Christmas sweets!



Family pic.  I'm glad we are all safe and healthy.  They mean the world to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment