Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Lolla Recap!





My Lollapalooza recap is here!  As usual, it was pretty epic.  I have to say, it's definitely my favorite festival of them all.  You have all walks of life roaming Grant Park in our beautiful city!  What's not to love??
I've been attending Lollapalooza for over 7 years.  There were times I didn't purchase tickets and would sit outside the venue and picnic with my friends.  Although the majority of the crowd are young, you will see a range of all age groups as well.  I DO have to note that Lolla is NOT for everyone.  I'm always amazed whenever people purchase tickets to a massive festival, only to stay behind the side lines because they hate crowds.  lol.
Regardless, I found my way inside Saturday's concerts.  Luckily the weather had cleared up by the weekend, because for Day 1 & 2 it did rain as usual.  Mudapalooza strikes again.  I was hesitant on wearing sneakers because I did not want to ruin another pair of shoes.  I wore my studded motorcycle boots and a high low tunic with my black denim to "blend in" with the crowd.  It looks like I will be doing a spring cleaning of my closet once again since some of my items are outdated.  Regardless if they fit or not, I can honestly say some of my mini skirts have to go!  I'm also a fan of graphic tees and I hate to admit it but some of them look comical now. 
Wearing black and white for Lolla...

We got in around 5:45pm in time to catch Oliver Heldens set at Perry's.  Afterwards we made our way to see the ones who started it all at Lolla- Jane's Addiction!  We were conflicted when it came down to the closing sets, but settled on watching Disclosure open, and seeing Red Hot Chili Peppers finish the night.  I was exhausted and too tired to do anything else.  I went home to start it all again the next day.


Love Buckingham Fountain








As close as we can get!





The infamous Perry's Stage

For Sunday the temperature got warmer to the low 80s.  This time I wanted to wear something sleeveless and definitely NOT jeans.  I settled for my boyfriend shorts and another pair of flat boots which weren't so heavy to lug around.  My motorcycle boots weigh a ton and tired out my legs the night before.  I will advise although people choose to wear flip flops or sandals, I am not a fan of having my feet exposed at a music festival.  People be tripping (no pun intended) and I rather wear sneakers or boots.
I found an old fringe top and decided to pair that up with my outfit.  It's an interesting top and where else would I wear such a thing anyway?  On to the festival!
This time we arrived with a larger group around 2:30pm.  It took us a while to get in through security and we were sweating up a storm waiting in line.  We all agreed to check out some bands later on, and decided to walk around to see what Lolla had to offer.  I was impressed with the Lolla store.  My friend bought a tank top she switched into, and I purchased a Disclosure recyclable tote bag. 
The rest of the day was interesting.  We got a chance to hear Silversun Pickups, Yellow Claw, and Flatbush Zombies before ending it with LCD Soundsystem and Ellie Goulding. 
Now that it's over I'm a little bummed out, but I know I cannot do more than 2 days of this.  I was thrilled to see people older than me jamming out to the music.  I have a sneaky suspicion this will not be my last Lolla.  hee-hee





YES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment