Friday, August 12, 2016

And the countdown begins!!

My big trip is around the corner and I have to put a step on it!  This weekend I'm planning on cleaning up my apartment and slowly sorting out my clothes.  It looks like the weather over there is just as hot as it is here.  I did some light shopping for sleeveless tops and tanks but I might return them.  I donated a bag of clothes the other day and feel I should dig into my closet more.  If I feel I have nothing to wear it's because I'm using up too much space with clothes I have not worn in years.  Before I head to the stores, I want to make sure I don't add more pieces to my wardrobe that will just be sitting there.  Since I worked in the retail industry for 10 years, I've accumulated a lot of clothes and have made the most of their wear.  Some clothes just look too dated and must go.  Others still have some potential.  I do not want to spend any money on more clothes if I don't have to.
Two weeks ago I spent the whole weekend at Lolla.  Last weekend, I spent it with family and friends.  Last Saturday, I missed the opportunity to have brunch with my girls.  I was tired from the night before hanging out with my brother and his girlfriend at Chicago Summer Dance.  Now that my some of my friends are moms, they're up pretty early.  It's going to be a challenge keeping up with them.  Instead, I ran my errands.  Later on I was invited to a birthday party later on not too far away from my neighborhood.  At least I got a chance to catch up with my one friend and her family there.  It was her aunt's 77th birthday, and in true Leo form, she was the star of the show!  We all had a blast laughing and joking around and even caught up with some Olympic fever.  I love how close this family are to one another and secretly wished my family would be the same.  Sometimes it's nice to be around happy people.  It's contagious and it puts you in a good mood. 

I've never used this app before.  They have some interesting filters...

The birthday girl herself! 

Not one but TWO birthday cakes!
Dog swag..



No comments:

Post a Comment