Tuesday, April 9, 2019

One Inspired Evening

My friend from work was selected along with 70 artists to auction off their artwork for charity.  I was so proud of him!  This would mark his 2nd year in a row in which he was chosen to participate.  The invitation was cocktail attire and I knew I didn’t have a dress to wear for this occasion.  I opted for a black lace mini dress I had worn for New Year’s once and decided to leave on my leather trench the whole night.  I didn’t realize leather trenches were back in style.  Luckily I kept mine well hidden in my coat closet.  I rarely wear it because it’s heavier than my other coats.  I have never been to an art auction before.
My nerves were a mess that night.  I hate that I still get this way from time to time.  I apologized to my friend for the way I was acting.  I hate being embarrassed like this.  In the end, I finally calmed down.  I ran into another artist friend who was auctioning off his canvas painting.  He and my friend hit it off.  Afterwards, we all went to the after party at Emporium at Fulton Market.  They had some pin ball machines and we tried playing a couple of games.  In the end we headed off to Key Club on Hubbard Inn and hung out there for a while.  I haven’t been out all night in a long time.











No comments:

Post a Comment