Friday, April 12, 2019

Brunch for an Aries

Last weekend I attended a birthday brunch in River North for a friend of ours.  It was held at Troquet.  I have never been there before.  The weather was beautiful that day!  Unfortunately that also meant the traffic was awful.  I was 20 minutes late and felt terrible about it.  Oh well.
Regardless I wasn’t the only one who was late.  Lol.  Needless to say, once everyone arrived we ordered away.  It was nice catching up to everyone.  The birthday girl had just returned from the Philipines and her stories were amazing.  We finished up and decided to go down the street to Rocks bar.  There we had the bar to ourselves.  We played a couple of games of skee ball.  I think the birthday girl enjoyed her day.  She had to leave early to pack for a work trip. 
Someone in our group suggested going to a bbq she was invited to, and we happily agreed to go with her.  Even the traffic back that way was bad enough.  We picked up a few items and headed over to the address.  Luckily, these guys were cool enough for us to crash their bbq.  They ended up cooking some awesome tacos.  It felt nice being outside on the porch.
Today is my trip!  Needless to say I am very nervous.  First stop Paris and then I’m off to Istanbul.  I will report back when I return!  Until next time…




No comments:

Post a Comment