Thursday, December 13, 2018

New York City Day One (part 2)

I figured I could knock out some sight-seeing since I’ve never been in the Financial District before.  I wanted to find the infamous “Charging Bull’, but instead went down a street and found the New York Stock Exchange and Federal Hall.  It was then when I realized more and more people were coming out of nowhere.  Since it was after 12pm, I started to feel frustrated about my hotel room.  My friend was messaging me on when we could meet up, but I told him the situation I was facing.  I kept on sight-seeing.
I eventually found the Charging Bull and the Fearless Girl statues.  At this point my phone was acting up again.  Since I took some pictures I needed to charge it up again.  I walked back to my hotel, hoping my room would be ready, but again, no luck.  I sat in the lobby charging my phone and then went for a walk again to kill some more time.  I found a Century 21 and did some window shopping but I was getting delirious.  It was now 2pm and my room was still not ready.  My friend was getting impatient, and so was I.  I finally got some relief when the hotel told me over the phone that they had my room ready!  I ran over there as fast as I could!
Once I checked in, I showered up.  I was getting a migraine, and decided to lay down for 15 minutes until the Advil kicked in.  Then I jumped back up and got dressed.  It was now after 3pm and I haven’t started my day!  I told my friend I was on my way to meet him in Times Square and off I went.
By now, New York had a ton of tourists.  It was nearing rush hour and I was getting worried I would have to fight off the crowd to get to where my friend was located.  Unfortunately, his hotel was in Times Square.  Luckily I found the right hotel (apparently there are two of the same chain in Times Square) and we decided to get a bite to eat.  By now I was STARVING.  I knew we weren’t too far from the Moxy Hotel.  A friend had recommended the Magic Hour rooftop, and since the weather was cooperating, we decided to take a chance and check it out.  Since it was barely 5pm, there was a small crowd inside, and we ordered some drinks and appetizers to start our night.  I was still pretty sleepy, but the music was getting me in a good mood.  Once we finished up, my friend confessed to me that he really wanted to go to a jazz club in New York.  I started googling some spots and we chose the Birdland Theater.
We were in luck because a show was about to begin!  Lol  What are the odds?  We went downstairs and they sat us close to the stage.  A very entertaining singer came out and blew our minds away.  She did impersonations as well.  Everyone in the room had a great time.  She was also very funny.
Luckily my friend grew tired from his jet lag the day before.  Me on the other hand?  I was EXHAUSTED!!  I made my way back to my hotel.  We decided to meet up in the morning but I was glad we cut our night short.

















No comments:

Post a Comment