Friday, December 21, 2018

Baptise and Bottle

I am so far behind on my posts.  As you know by now, I’ve been back from my trip to New York.  As usual, I’m exhausted by all of the running around I’ve been doing these past few weeks.  I’m not in the holiday spirit whatsoever and feel really down.  I hate that I still suffer from time to time the “holiday blues”.  I did the best I could in gifting (especially myself lol) and hope people enjoy what I got for them.  Sometimes you think you’re doing more harm than good in getting gifts to the people you care about, and then it backfires on you.  It happens.
I sent a gift to my friend in Paris for his birthday and he still hasn’t received it.  It was slated to arrive on the 4th, but it seems someone else signed for it and it’s gone missing.  Because I opened a case with the store, they warned me it will take 14 business days to investigate.  Now it’s Christmas weekend and I’m sure I won’t be able to get any answers from them anytime soon because they will be swamped from the holiday.  This case will have to be resolved at a later time.  What can you do?
Back to recapping my NOVEMBER events, lol.  The following weekend from my trip I met up with my friend at the Apple store on Michigan Avenue.  They had already put up the tree!  It felt too soon for me, but now looking back, I haven’t felt the Christmas spirit yet and it’s almost here.  I reserved an appointment with one of their tech guys to look at my phone.  I was having problems keeping a charge when I was in New York and was advised to get a new battery, but like everything else, they needed to see it first.  Luckily it did not take too long, and I got my battery in time to get out of there. I was overwhelmed with how many people were there.
My friend heard of Baptise and Bottle and we decided to check it out.  Their drinks were phenomenal!  We loved our cocktails so much.  I ordered some brussel sprouts which were delish and she ordered some small plates herself.  It was a bit pricey in the end but I’m a sucker for a good cocktail.
I hope everyone out there have a great holiday!  I hate being a party pooper but for me, I want this to pass very quickly.  It’s hard being sociable when you just want to hibernate.  I’m so tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment