Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Wedding Day! Part One

It’s been pretty hectic at work lately and I’m tired all of the time.  Not to mention, since my birthday is around the corner (UGH!!!) I have some doctor appointments coming up.  Running to the suburbs for that has not been easy since we are short staffed at work.  It looks like everyone is on vacation and we’ve been having a hard time finding people to play in our softball team.  Too many things happening in June!
Back to recapping my big trip in Italy.  I woke up pretty early because I heard my friend jump in the shower, followed by the makeup artist.  They had to get to work since the makeup process can take up to two hours.  Since she had her hair set the night before at the salon, the hair people would be arriving a bit later to touch up her ‘do.  I got up myself to see if there was anything I can do to help.  My friend needed some tidying up around the house before the rest of the crew arrives.  People started waking up slowly, but I advised them that they still had some time to rest up before the day begins.  I figured the more people out of the way the better. 
Let’s just say that was easier than it sounds.  The groom was staying next door with some family members, and I’m assuming people were getting up in there too.  He went for a pastry run since guests were getting hungry.  I felt bad I couldn’t help out more.  By the time I finished tidying up, the makeup was done and we had to start getting people up to get ready.  We had a two hour window. 
I jumped in the shower first and then woke up my roommate from LA.  Then it was followed by the guest from FL.  My friend’s aunt and uncle had the upstairs bathroom to themselves, so it was a bit easier for them to get ready since they were out of the way.
By the time the hair people showed up to do her hair everything became a blur.  I didn’t know what was happening most of the time.  People kept coming in and out of the apartment.  I remember her aunt and uncle coming back downstairs to sit and lounge in the kitchen.  I asked them if they mind waiting upstairs until it was time to go.  The living room was getting hot with so many people around.  Some friends of hers came by to wish her well.  The groom’s parents were waiting for the photographers.  I realized once they arrived, more bodies will be in the house along with their equipment.  It was beginning to get chaotic.  At one point the groom told me outside that a car was going to come soon to pick up the bride.  I told him she wasn’t even dressed yet.  He looked upset but I explained to him that there were too many people over and were not letting her get ready.  I HAD TO GET READY TOO!
I felt bad because it was crunch time.  The venue was 40 minutes away.  Two charter buses were transporting people there.  I told the groom it would be easier to get the guests out of the house first so she could get ready.  He jumped on it and had people car pool to the charter buses.  The photographers showed up but she was still in the process of putting on her gown.  The makeup artist wasn’t done either.  He had to touch up her shoulders after she put the gown on. 
I could see my friend look worried.  She was not happy at all.  I felt bad for her.  We did the best we could to get the guests out.  The photographers did what they could to get the shots they needed in such a short amount of time.  
We car pooled to the last charter bus waiting for us and waited patiently.  The bride was following  right behind us.  The ride was pretty smooth and we got a chance to relax before the wedding began.  We went over our speeches and made some minor changes.  I just wanted my friend to be happy.  I was praying she was ok without us.

No comments:

Post a Comment