Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Day Four: Florence

I shared a cab with a woman who was heading to the airport as well.  We chatted about our trip in Amsterdam.  She was here for work but took some time to walk around and do some sight seeing.  She loved her trip.  She wants to take her children there one day.  She was flying back to Seattle.  
Once at the airport I got on the wifi and my friend from Italy was messaging me.  She was going to meet me in Florence much later than anticipated.  I wasn't given much details so I got on my flight. 
When I landed in Florence I got a call from her.  She was just leaving her region!  I did not want to be waiting at the airport for 6 hours so she gave me suggestions on what to do.  I was pretty upset but what can you do?  You can't cry over spilled milk.  I did my makeup and ate some lunch at the airport before venturing out into the city. 
I took a bus from the airport which drove me to main train station in the city.  This station was their Union Station.  Luckily there was a place I could place my luggage in storage while I walked around.  That was a nice feature.  
There was a mini mall there and I took advantage of it.  Eventually I got the nerves to venture out of the station.  I was getting nervous because there were so many people around.  I started to walk into some small shops.  I didn't want to venture out too far since I needed to check up on my friend's status.  After a few hours I waited back at the station and my friend finally came after 5pm.  Now it was time to find the place where we would be staying.  Some friends of her boyfriend offered up their place to stay.  They were located right outside of Florence.  We were going to have dinner with them at 7pm.

Once we arrived we settled in our rooms and had a massive dinner.  I was super stuffed!  It was like a thanksgiving feast!  I kept drinking wine and eating and eating that I started to nod off at the table.  I was embarrassed but I haven't ate like that in a long time.  I'm one of those people that starts shutting down if I sit too long after eating so much.  I need to move around or else I get too tired.  


The grand fest!  Everything was delish!


Sheep's cheese


The infamous Florentine steak!  The inside is pretty raw...


For dessert we had this hazel almond cake.

We had a sweet liquor to go along with it.



We talked and talked and then made our way to watch a movie with them in the living room.  I was nodding off again.  Since my friend drove 6 hours to meet me we figured we'll call it a night and begin our day early the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment