Friday, May 24, 2019

Louis Vuitton Foundation

I woke up feeling rested again and decided today was my day to finally go to the Louis Vuitton Foundation.  I had my croissant and coffee and made my way down to the metro.  I got lost for a bit trying to find the street where I should turn to once I exited my stop.  Eventually I found my rue and proceeded to check on google maps to continue.  There was a part where I would have to walk for 14 minutes.  I was nervous this was going to take me in circles again, but I did find the familiar structure along the horizon.  Whoopie!  I’m getting so close to it!
I had to wait in line for a bit and go through security again.  This day in particular was very gusty.  I had layered up but was getting miserable with the wind.  Once inside I made my way through the museum.  I absolutely loved everything on display!  It was a nice change to see modern works of art than from earlier centuries.  It also gave me a new perspective on where art is heading in the near future.
The infinity room from Yayoi Kusama was mind blowing!!  At first, I didn’t know I was going to “feel” something in a room full of mirrors, but walking into it was an experience I will never forget.  There is no words to describe how it feels to be infinite, but she mastered the sensation!  I also discovered other contemporary artists such as Gerhard Richter, Mark Bradford, and Nick Mauss.
Since I was making good on time, I felt I could squeeze in the Army Museum that my friend had recommended.  He said it was his favorite museum, and that got me curious.  Considering he is a local Parisian, I knew I had to check it out. 
What a surprise this was!  This museum was about the French Army and of course, Napoleon.  I was a bit intimidated when I walked into the room where his tomb was.  I have never seen anything that massive, but then again, that was Napoleon.  Afterwards, I grew hungry and realized I would miss French baguette sandwiches once I leave Paris.  I found a sandwich vendor and munched away.
My friend wanted to see me once more since I was flying out in the morning.  I went by his place and we rode the train back towards my hotel.  He was attending a party and I had made plans with my other friend who lives in Paris.  I was getting nervous about how to get to the airport for a 8am flight and was discussing the details with the hotel receptionist.  He was very helpful.  In the end we decided that I should schedule an uber since the trains in Paris don’t run very often early Saturday mornings.  I went to my room to pack my belongings.
My friend was working late but we made plans to meet by the Saint Germain neighborhood around 9pm.  This was the perfect opportunity for me to go to my favorite café and have my favorite champagne.  I was seated right away and ordered my Pommery Rose Apanage!  It was delish!  As the night went on my friend texted me she was pretty tired from work but she was going to rest for a bit before heading out to meet me.  I felt bad and told her she didn’t have to.  She had texted me last night to see what I was doing but I told her I was having dinner with my friend.  I was afraid something like this was going to happen.  I told her let’s meet next time I’m in Paris since I had a morning flight.  She said fine.















No comments:

Post a Comment